IT Engineer IV (Automation Engineer : Scripting)
Location: Reston, VA
Shift M-F regular with occasional weekend work to support OOR
- Automate regular operational tasks using puppet, Python, Perl and shell scripting.
- Develop Splunk dashboards for operational and compliance metrics
- Analyze root cause of issues and drive resolution working with application and infrastructure teams.
- Perform proof of concepts for new technologies and drive adoption within the application community.
Must have Experience
- Sr. level Expertise in UNIX, Perl, python scripting to automate day to day operations.
- Experience in AWS and container Orchestration.
- Experience in configuration automation tools like puppet, Chef.
- Strong experience of Java/J2EE Application Platforms.
- Clear communication and experience coordinating projects across multiple teams.
- 8+ Years’ experience
Good to have Experience
- Experience with middleware products: install, configure and troubleshoot various middleware platforms( Weblogic, TC, Apache, MQ, ).
- Experience with B2B products; Axway B2Bi, IBM Connect Direct, CA API Gateway.
- Experience with log analytics tools such as Splunk.
- Experience with Enterprise application integration(EAI) products; Middleware, message queueing.
- Experience with messaging products like Tibco EMS or MQ .
- Working knowledge of Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) and associated concepts such as XML Schemas, WS specifications, SOAP, Service Mediation/ESB preferred.