Strategy and Insight Consultant
Location: Washington, DC
The Strategy and Insight team’s core responsibility is to create impact in the organization by working with teams to change how we work. Team members will build relationships with leadership and partners across the organization to identify high impact areas for investigation and prioritize the key questions that will inform a recommended course of action. The team applies comprehensive knowledge of strategy principles to synthesize customer research, robust data analytics, business modeling, and competitive / market intelligence, and implement long term business strategy. Working with senior executives in the business, this team plays an important role in translating insights into innovative ideas for action and developing the communications to socialize, refine, and gain acceptance of those recommendations, as well as monitor results.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Develop frameworks to investigate ambiguous strategic questions
- Collect and synthesize consumer, marketplace, and competitor trends needed to support analysis from multiple sources
- Build business cases for new products, policies, and marketing strategies including prioritization; advise on tradeoffs across initiatives
- Leverage a data-driven approach to turn insights from the team into strategic recommendations for the business; Collaborate with business units to resolve concerns
- Own and manage modules within full projects / workstreams end-to-end
- Establish metrics and measurement programs to define success for an initiative and monitor results
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Management consulting or internal strategy/business analysis experience preferred.
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills using excel, basic statistical tools, tableau. Knowledge of SQL preferred but not required.
- Experience solving complex, ambiguous, and analytically challenging problems.
- Strong organizational skills and good judgment; must be a team player, positive, flexible, and creative.
- Strong oral and written communication with demonstrated ability to communicate in a structured, precise and compelling manner.
- Experience managing stakeholders at multiple levels - Strong relationship building and influencing skills.
- Mortgage / financial services industry experience a plus
Minimum 3-5 years of experience