Developer III (Tableau)
Location: Washington, DC
3 days onsite, 2 days remote
Uses human resources and other system data to design and develop Tableau dashboards and reports using business intelligence tools (e.g. Alteryx, TOAD) according to the requirements of the business. These dashboards and reports identify important workforce metrics and trends which are critical for business operations.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
• Gathers business requirements to design, develop, and deliver interactive data visualizations using Tableau desktop and Tableau server; and also design, develop, and deliver reports using other business intelligence tools (e.g. Alteryx, TOAD).
• Maintains security permission structure in Tableau server and other business intelligence tools (e.g. Alteryx).
• Performs quality control procedures to ensure accuracy of user list; adds and deletes users as required.
• Creates and modifies dashboards and reports and associated metrics.
• Maintains assigned areas of the current human resources dashboard/report library and performs necessary dashboard and reporting activities.
• Creates standard operating procedures (SOPs) for dashboards and reports in the dashboard/report library.
• Performs ETL activities for new and existing dashboards and reports.
• Provides training to users for dashboards and reports and delivering necessary job aids.
• Answers user dashboard and report questions as needed.
• Conducts other data analysis and data consulting activities as required to support client delivery.
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
• 4+ years of related experience delivering data insights using Tableau
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
• Proficiency with Tableau Desktop and Tableau Server (Prefer Versions 10 and higher). Team has migrated to version 10.5.
• Proficiency with MS Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and SharePoint.
• Tableau certification is a plus.
• Knowledge of SQL programming languages (i.e. ANSI SQL, PL/SQL, T-SQL) to extract data from systems is a plus.
• Knowledge of ETL within Alteryx is a plus.
• Knowledge of Oracle HCM Cloud and/or OBIEE is a plus.
• Knowledge of R and Python is a plus.
• Experience with requirements gathering is helpful