Service Desk Agent
Location: McLean, VA
Member of the Service Desk (Level 1 support) who is the single point of contact (SPOC) for internal customers to get assistance in IT related services. Providing first call resolution (FCR) when possible. Position is classified as essential. Hours for position is Monday through Friday (excluding company holidays), 9am to 6pm (1 hour for lunch). Position is for a full-time call agent.
• 100% time will be on phones answering end user calls and chats for customer issues and request for IT services
• Actively monitors Service Desk call queue
• Ensure customer satisfaction by meeting customer needs in courteous and timely manner
• Records incident and request for services in the ServiceNow incident management system
• Ensures ticket quality (i.e., correct CI, Product, assignee and owner, etc.)
• Ability to distinguishes between Incidents and Service Requests (Tasks) and complete requests within SLA
• Provides first call resolution (FCR) when possible or escalates on behalf of customer to appropriate technical support team(s)
• Monitors and manages his/her ticket queue (dashboard) and document solutions using knowledge management articles and other approved resources
• Performs follow-up on customer inquiry with appropriate support teams involved in resolution to ensure incidents are addressed appropriately and provide customer with status update
• Performing support for current desktop environment including Windows 7, Windows 10, Office 365 (Outlook, MS Teams), active directory password resets, desktop issues, VPN support, hard and soft token, IE 10/11; WebEx ; Mobility (Workspace One)
• 1-2 Years’ experience working with Windows 10 (assisting end users)
• 6+ months hands on working on Service Desk/Help Desk answering customer calls for support
• Proven experience in a demanding, fast-paced customer service environment.
• Excellent attendance and ability to start work on schedule
• Portrays a professional demeanor, is articulate, patient, team and customer-service oriented
• Strong attention to detail
• Possess good problem-solving skills, ability to visualize a problem or situation and think abstractly to solve it.
• Possess excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
• Must type a minimum of 55 wpm
• Ability to work independently while also being team oriented
• Comply with Incident Management processes, controls and standards
• Maintains and complies with policies and procedures relating to service desk operations
• Works under minimal supervision and follows established directions
• Manage and administer Service Desk tool sets, application, KM instructions, procedures, etc.
• College Degree or equivalent experience; work towards advanced studies/degree preferred.
• Typically has 2-4 years related experience.
• Provides timely resolution of problems or escalation on behalf of customer to appropriate technical personnel.
• Demonstrates excellent time management and organizational skills with the ability to multi-task, follow directions
• Advanced computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Office application (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Outlook
• Experience using ServiceNow
Mandatory Skills for job:
• Understanding of the Service Desk environment, SME for supporting Windows 7 and Windows 10 environments, ServiceNow ticketing systems, Active Directory, Office 365 (Outlook, MS Teams, One Drive); RSA Authentication Manager, Cisco VPN & AnyConnect, Hard & Soft Token; Jabber Client; SharePoint 2013; WebEx and support of mobility (i.e., iPhone Android), Workspace One.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to communicate effectively with team members, support teams and management on both business and IT sides.
• Ability to multi-task and work in fast paced environment.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Typing speed 55 wpm
• Good attitude and excellent attendance required.
Must have had supported end users in enterprise applications listed above. Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
1 - 3 Year
1 - 3 Year
Customer Service Orientation
1 - 3 Year