Database Administrator (MS-SQL Server DBA)
Location: Reston, VA
The Database operations team looking for a Database Administrator Specialist to provide database production support in a fast-paced operations environment supporting 24x7 business critical applications using backend MS-SQL & MongoDB database platforms. Database Administrator will be responsible to provide database administration support that includes production support, database deployment, upgrade, patching, backup & recovery operations, performance tuning, off-hours and on-call support for variety of enterprise servers & aligned critical services.
• More than 7-10 years of experience working as senior database administration DBA position.
• Experience in working with MS-SQL versions 2008/2012/2014, MongoDB versions v3.x
• Solid experience in PowerShell scripting & SSRS and proven ability with automation is critical.
• Experience in installation, configuration and migration with both MS-SQL & MongoDB database platforms.
• Good understanding of SQL internals and optimizer functioning and be able to trouble-shoot real time production issues.
• Good understanding of Ops Manager for Mongo and ability to navigate & troubleshoot issues & resolutions.
• Strong performance tuning skills incl. query optimization and server tuning in both SQL & MongoDB platforms
• Solid understanding of Cloud offerings i.e. AWS and any supporting migration experience is a plus.
• Provide deployment support for database objects in production and test environment.
• Provide 24/7 on call production support on a rotation basis.
• Be able to independently plan and execute large database migration projects.
• Experience in replication setup, backup & recovery of core database technologies i.e. SQL & MongoDB.
• Experience with standard database monitoring tools such as Quest -Foglight/spotlight or similar.
• Familiar with technologies like VMware/VMHA, SRDF and SRM used for database HA & DR solutions.
• Knowledge and experience with enterprise wide disaster recovery activities.
• Effective verbal and writing communication skills.
• Good scripting skills on both Unix and/or Windows platform
• Experience working on Virtual platform using VMware and vSphere.
• Good understanding of Disaster Recovery setup and experience supporting business continuity exercises.
• Any experience with data encryption at enterprise level.
• Vendor certification with Microsoft / AWS product offerings.
MongoDB or Hadoop hands-on administration & scripting skills is a bonus to enable automation.