Project Manager II
Location: Reston, VA
In this Technical Project Manager function, an ideal candidate will be able to communicate clearly with technical teams, develop roadmaps for project implementation, assist with overcoming roadblocks and keep all stakeholders advised of project status. They will also be able to support various efforts related to operational improvements of the toolset/applications and utilities they are tasked with managing the implementation of. This technical PM may serve as a liaison between the Application L2 & L3 Production Support teams and other groups. They will provide support, coordination and planning activities to office or business unit users of systems or application software. Supporting applications may include answering technical questions, troubleshooting problems, and guiding users to gain productive use of software. This person will fully coordinate project planning of initiatives, extract data, format and run reports, or perform specific analytical functions using applications.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
• Project management and coordination across multiple production support portfolios to include significant initiatives and base project activities.
• Confer with key constituents of units whose applications are being supported, with project managers of technology infrastructure units, and with staff of development units to coordinate efforts to support applications and project planning/execution in production.
• Develop a detailed project plan to monitor and track progress of short-term and long-term goals.
• Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility.
• Manage the relationship with the client and all stakeholders.
• Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget.
• Measure project performance using appropriate tools and techniques.
• Develop comprehensive project plans to be shared with client’s as well as other staff members.
• Report and Escalate to management as needed.
• Create and Maintain comprehensive project documentation.
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
• Provide guidance or technical input to participants dealing with project issues and the like.
• Provide technical guidance and coaching through participation in project intake, evaluation and planning.
Bachelor Degree or Equivalent Education Level required
8-10 years of related experience
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
2-4 years of project management or related experience required
Ability to analyze different components of the infrastructure and application environments
5+ years of working experience with different IT Infrastructure components such as Unix/Linux/Wintel Servers, networks, firewalls, routers, load balancers, Apache, web logic, Oracle/MS SQL databases, SAN, Virtualization and Enterprise monitoring. Subject matter expertise is not required and experience with at least five of the above is preferred.
Experience with influencing other technical teams.
Proven working experience in project management
Experience working with cloud infrastructure environments.
Able to quickly and concisely communicate (verbal and written) with senior management and other stakeholders
Experience and confidence working with all levels of management; Able to quickly and concisely communicate (verbal and written) with senior management and other stakeholders on technical issues in non-technical terms.
Hands-on experience with ServiceNow is preferred.
Ability to occasionally work on nights and weekends depending on the nature of the projects.
Strong relationship management skills and aptitude to multi-task and work well in a high stress environment, both within teams and independently.
Proficiency with Word, Excel and PowerPoint and presenting to senior management using data and information from these tools.
ITIL or PMP certification is desired.
Financial services industry experience is preferred.