Developer IV Specialized (Java, AWS)
Location: Herndon, VA
The client is seeking a Specialized Developer IV to design, develop, and implement applications using general languages and technologies to support business requirements. Developer IV performs high complexity (i.e. system level applications) analysis, design, development and unit testing of software applications from user requirements and design documents. The candidate also resolves defects encountered during various testing cycles.
• Analyze highly complex business requirements; generate technical specifications to design or redesign complex software components and applications.
• Act as an expert technical resource for modeling, simulation and analysis efforts.
• Leverage industry best practices to design, test, implement and support a solution.
• Assure quality security and compliance requirements are met for supported area.
• Be flexible and thrive in an evolving environment.
• Adapt to change quickly and adjust work accordingly in a positive manner.
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
• 8+ years of programming or solutions lead experience with Java, J2EE, Spring, and Web Services (REST, SOAP, etc.)
• Hands-on experience designing, developing, and administering solutions using ETL, Business Intelligence tools and emerging technologies
• 6 years of experience writing conceptual and detailed design documents, and developing external facing enterprise applications following an Agile execution model
• Minimum 4 years of experience in developing/deploying solutions to AWS Cloud (S3, Lambda, Elastic Beanstalk and other AWS modules)
• Experience in developing APIs and Axway API Management platform
• Demonstrated experience with the use of Design patterns and ability to use commonly used patterns in real time situations.
• Experience with Deploying the applications using the CICD practices.
• Excellent communication and collaboration skills
• Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required.
• 10+ years experience required.
• Development experience in needed language or technology (e.g. - WebSphere, Informatica etc.).
• Hands on experience in designing, developing and successful deployment of large scale projects from end-to-end.
• Hands on experience in following the iterative and agile SDLC.