Big Data Development Senior
Location: McLean, VA
Client: Fortune 50 Financials Org.
"ONLY ACCEPTING W2 CANDIDATES. NO CORP-CORP OR SPONSORSHIP"
• Work with initiative leads, business areas, technical leads, architects, subject matter experts, developers, technical support groups and test teams to deliver value to the business.
• Deliver Hadoop components as specified in the design, functional and non-functional requirements, within agreed upon cadence based on Scaled Agile practices.
• Design, prototype, develop, test, and document product features. Make recommendations for enhancements that result in a cost-effective product delivery and/or operational efficiency.
• Develop processes to extract, transform and load unstructured data
• Cleanse, manipulate and analyze large datasets (Structured and Unstructured data – XMLs, JSONs, PDFs) using Hadoop platform.
• Minimum 2 to 4 years of experience in Big Data technologies (Spark, Hadoop, HDFS, MongoDB, HBase, Vertica, Redshift, Nifi, Kafka, Oozie. MapReduce, Solr)
• Minimum of 8 to 10 years of overall development experience.
• Minimum 2 years of programming experience in Java Scripting, Python, R, etc.
• Minimum 2 years of experience in analyzing unstructured data
• Be self-driven, actively looks for ways to contribute, and knows how to get things done
• Possess good communication and reasoning skills, including the ability to make a strong case for technology choices
• Help identify risks/impediments, escalate issues, bring transparency to deliverables and ensure Agile delivery
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent work experience.
• Excellent communication skills that will allow the candidate to successfully document processes as well as interact with business owners, translating technical details for a non-technical audience.
• Strong problem-solving skills.
• Innovative in providing solutions, likes to take on challenges with calculated risk.
• Understanding of the secondary mortgage industry, experience with Freddie Mac and/or Fannie Mae is desirable