Location: Reston, VA
AWS Cloud Architect to join their elite team of cloud architects & technologists to join Cloud Architecture team to support and enable enterprise wide Cloud Transformation initiative. This individual build and contribute to large-scale, innovative projects.
- BS degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related field and 10+ years software architecture, engineering and 4+ years of Cloud Architecture experience
- Demonstrated professional competence in the principles and practices of Cloud architectures
- Subject Matter Expert in AWS Public cloud, including professional experience architecting and operating solutions built on AWS
- Understanding of AWS Cloud technologies at IaaS layer (network, compute, storage) and managed services such as RDS, SQS, SNS, Kinesis, ElastiCache, Elastic BeanStalk, IAM, Cognito and others
- Experience with architecting and designing for Resiliency, High-Availability, Fault Tolerance, and Scalability in context of AWS Cloud
- Experience with hybrid Cloud environments
- Experience assessing, planning, designing, and migrating/transforming legacy applications to AWS Cloud
- Understanding and experience with cloud native/12-factor application architecture and microservices
- Experience architecting and building microservice applications using Spring Boot, Spring Cloud, NodeJS, python/flask/Django
- Experience architecting stateless and stateful applications for containers and container manager/schedulers such as Kubernetes, AWS EKS, AWS ECS and Docker
- Demonstrated ability to architect and model mission critical solutions leveraging multiple DBMS technologies i.e. Relational, Big Data, NoSQL (K-V stores, document stores, graph and column)
- Experience with event driven and real-time architectures, patterns, messaging and streaming technologies such as using Apache Kafka, AWS Kinesis, Amazon SQS/SNS, Amazon MQ, AWS Managed Services for Kafka etc.
- Working knowledge of Big Data, analytics and machine learning technologies on AWS such as EMR, Apache Spark, SageMaker
- Experience with modern software engineering practices using CI/CD and associated toolsets such as git, AWS Code Commit, Jenkins, Travis, Bamboo, Concourse, Salt, AWS Code Deploy, AWS Code Pipeline, etc.
- AWS Certifications (Solution Architect)
- Must possess strong organizational skills, strong interpersonal skills, and a team player
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly
- Experience in Financial Services industry