Technical Support II - Urbana
Location: Urbana, MD
- Act as the single point of contact for a TechCenter located in our Urbana, MD office (8AM-5PM, with and hour lunch not between 12-1PM).
- Provide break fix support for all customers in the Urbana, MD office and remote users’ devices that are shipped to the Urbana, MD office.
- Manage the inventory closet, ensuring CMDB updates are timely, loaner inventory is current, area is clean and organized.
- Provide deskside support for Urbana, MD office.
- Display characteristics of a high-quality service organization:
- Reliable, responsive, competent, accessible, professional, credible.
- Strong face to face customer service demeanor i.e. warm greeting, eye to eye contact.
- Communicate current issues to team members and management.
- Maintain currency knowledge of upcoming changes to supported user population.
- Able to work directly with other technology groups to communicate problems and find resolutions.
- Must be able to utilize Remote Control Viewer and face to face interactions to troubleshoot problems and resolve technical issues.
- Assist team lead in various projects and tasks within Urbana office and for Remote and Regional customers.
- Maintain ServiceNow ticket to the requirements of standard work.
- Ability to thoroughly follow ticketing process in MyServices to maintain accuracy in CMDB.
- Have intermediate level understanding of multiple critical technology systems and business processes.
- Provide customer focused support centered on communication and follow through to ensure a timely resolution of all support requests.
- Professional appearance and presence
- 5-7 years as senior technician
- Strong teamwork and develops interpersonal relationships, including effective communication skills (written and verbal)
- Customer Service
- ITSM experience (preferred Service Now)
- Technical Certifications:
- Hardware: A+
- Other preferred: Azure, Network+, AWS, Microsoft certifications, ITIL
- Demonstrates strong technical expertise in key technologies to include: Windows 10, VMware Virtual Desktop Interface, Office 365, Cisco Jabber, etc.
- Problem solving and troubleshooting technical issues
- Demonstrates strong technical expertise and able to troubleshoot internal technical infrastructure, including but not limited to: Microsoft environment (MS Windows family, windows 10, O365, SCCM, Azure), Jabber, DUO, Citrix VPN, VMware, etc.