IT Engineer IV (Jira/Confluence Admin)
Location: Reston, VA
Administer and support Agile framework using Atlassian tools, at a minimum work with Jira, Jira Service Desk, Confluence, and Bitbucket for a large-scale deployment at the enterprise level. Work to develop and enable best practices in the tools through configuration, customization, and integration with other systems. Focus on maximizing stability, reliability, and performance.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
• Administration of Atlassian tools – Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, etc.
• Design and configuration utilizing industry best practices.
• Monitor and continuously improve stability and performance.
• Architect, build and manage infrastructure for tools
• Development of customized solutions and system integrations.
• Work with customers to translate needs into workable solutions following best practices
• Develop best practices within Atlassian tools to enable Agile for enterprise
• Monitor application up time and processing speed and take point on production issues.
• Must have the ability to develop custom plug ins using the necessary development languages for new functionalities.
• Develop and maintain the complex extraction jobs that enable Reporting/Metrics
• Build as needed integration to other application that support the development lifecycle.
• Must have a good working knowledge of Code repository systems Git, Bitbucket, etc...
• Demonstrated skills in working in Agile team that handles new development and maintaining the systems
• Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills to be able to articulate findings and results.
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
• 8 to 10 years of relevant experience in administration of Atlassian Tools
• Extensive knowledge of SDLC and Agile.
• A solid understanding of how single node to multi nodal system behavior for Atlassian tools and must have experience with migrating the on-prem usage to cloud.
• Expert skills in continuous Jira and Jira Service Desk
• Numerous Atlassian supported Plugins knowledge is a plus
• Proficient with Java, Groovy, and scripting.
• Must have a solid understanding of native Rest API’s and how to build custom API while ensuring the system is not compromised
• Must have an extensive knowledge of production support via ServiceNow and Service Desk
• Be able to work in a 24X7 production support environment and have the skills that maintain the stability and reliability of the systems.
• Expert skills in design and creation of Confluence spaces and pages
• A good understanding of variety of Testing framework is required for this role, including unit, system, performance and UAT – Along with manual and automation testing.
• Passion for continuous improvement with strong technical skills and ability to drive initiatives to automate manual process
• Understand and articulate scaled Agile hierarchy.
• Experience working in fast paced agile development environment
• Experience with lean management and scaled Agile methodology is a plus