Project Manager III
Location: Reston, VA
Project Manager III is responsible for the performance of medium sized technical projects, or 2 or 3 small projects, or a definable portion of a larger technical program in accordance with contract requirements and company policies, procedures and guidelines. Directs and supervises all support resources for the performance of project assignments and activities. Manages the technical direction of a project through the design, implementation and testing in accordance with project objectives.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
· Meet with business, application owners, application developers and analysts, coding staff and the like to determine business needs and functionalities desired for new or revised application.
· Plan course of projects, including milestones, resources needed in the form of staff hours, budget, use of technology and tools and document in project plan, following established project management methodology.
· Track course of project from meetings, conferring with developers, and receiving reports. Update project plan as needed. Document changes to scope or functionalities with change ticket, project plan, or other format.
· Assess compliance of development process with accepted methodology and communicate to responsible managers or staff. Document exceptions or deviations as needed. Convene meetings and plan agenda to ensure important issues are aired and resolved.
· Report on progress of project, use of staff, $ expenditures, progress on milestones and the like to application owners.
· Partner with Technology and Business owners to implement given initiatives as per expectations
· Accountable for gathering, reviewing and delivering Program level deliverables on Enterprise Data Initiative
· Use FNM approved standard tools such as Project Server, JIRA, Confluence to report project status and project financial data
· Experience with Enterprise related concepts, designs, and project implementations
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Process analysis and systematic thinking
· Ability to operate at strategic and tactical levels
· Ability to communicate effectively with clients, developers and end users
· Ability to prioritize among a large number of requirements
· Agile Project management experience a “MUST HAVE”
· Basic knowledge of AWS Cloud is preferred
· Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
· 5+ years of related PM work experience
· Microsoft Projects, Microsoft Office, VISIO