Jira / DevOps Professional
Location: McLean, VA
If you are an organized, detail-oriented, deadline driven, highly motivated professional with a passion for critical, technical problem solving, and able to handle multiple responsibilities in a fast-paced environment independently, then we are your next destination employer! As a member of the Platforms and Tools Support Team your primary function would be to provide operational support for ALM Tools such as (Jira, Confluence) and support/ manage CI/CD pipelines setup by integrating Jira with other enterprise tools such as Jenkins, Bitbucket etc. As a member of the team, this individual will possess automation, script development, reporting skills and champion technology/tools that improve processes and provide efficiency. This is an opportunity to join a fast-paced team that interacts with all areas of Freddie Mac.
Your Work Falls into Four Primary Categories:
o Support incident and problem management processes.
o Conduct Impact analysis for application upgrades and collaborate with project teams on major upgrades and the rollout of new applications.
o Provide application system account management, including password management.
o Apply broad technical knowledge and skills to analyze, develop, create and implement process improvements, trouble shooting, and operational support.
o Understand applications from a technical architecture and business goals perspective to apply DevOps best practices.
o Contribute in creating, integrating delivery pipelines
o Work on multiple tasks in support of one or more projects that require a singular area of expertise.
Best Practice Research and External Support
o Maintain knowledge database articles.
o Develop training materials and conduct training sessions on the supported Tools and its processes.
o Establish processes and standards around enterprise ALM tools administration.
Team Management and Leadership
o Work as a project team member, or independently lead projects.
o Engage with customers and stakeholders.
o Positively adapt to a rapidly growing and changing environment, while working under pressure.
Serve as a champion for change.
o Demonstrated ability to use Lean/Agile delivery practices to improve teams, quality, and reliability
o Perform other tasks as assigned.
Operations and Technology
o Provide quality system admin support for Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket and HP ALM including metrics reporting to ensure compliance and maintain best practices.
o Participate in the upgrades and patch fixes of supported tools, and partner with other IT staff to coordinate infrastructure maintenance and system migrations.
o Develop automated scripts using JAVA/.Net, REST API, VB to automate system admin functions and develop home grown utilities, tools and integrations.
o Develop requirements, test scripts and lead/participate in test execution for supported Tool upgrade projects.
• 4-6 years of relevant experience including operational support activities, customer service
• 2 or more years of experience working in Agile, Lean/Kanban, or Scaled Agile organization.
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science or engineering or related experience.
• Working knowledge of Jira, Confluence and HP ALM system administration
• Strong problem solving and analytical skills
• Ability to convert business needs to technology solutions
Key to success in this role
• Works under minimal supervision, adept at multi-tasking
• Follows established directions from Manager. Able to provide technical guidance to the team.
• Ability to work with and collaborate across teams.
• Good communication skills and team player.
• Proactive in nature with customer satisfaction as primary goal.
• Innovative in providing solutions, likes to take on challenges with calculated risk.
• Quick learner of new technologies and tools.
• Not a just developer, but a developer with a mindset to think holistically to build a reliable, flexible, and well performing system.
Top 3 Personal Competencies to possess
• Customer Focus –Engage with customers to understand and deliver on support needs.
• Seek and Embrace Change – Continuously improve work processes rather than accepting the status quo
• Growth and Development – Know or learn what is needed to deliver results and successfully compete
• Hands on experience with report development using SQL, SSRS, PowerBI and Excel
• Experience with SDLC and Agile methodology lifecycle
• Working knowledge of JAVA, REST API scripting
• Prior experience with Datamart and DevOps framework highly desired
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Must be a team player with great interpersonal skills
• Experience in AWS/Cloud technologies