Camera Operator & Video Editor Sr.
Location: McLean, VA
The position ensures on-time execution and delivery of high-quality video productions of live stream and/or video records from pre to post production that captures compelling footage that drive great storytelling.
The shooter/editor will work collaboratively with our production team, internal clients, facilities and AV department to coordinate production logistics using Freddie Mac digital platforms, communication channels and workflow processes on both live streams and video records.
Ideal candidate, operates and determines what equipment (i.e. cameras, audio, lighting, etc.) is necessary based on creative narratives and/or client objectives to be filmed on campus or remote locations, including outside. He or she will conduct video equipment maintenance, transport, set up, and operate equipment; and assist with staging and set preparation.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Operates video cameras (manual and robotic), on location or in the studio for extended periods of time (often two or more hours).
• Videographer is well-organized with strong knowledge of production workflows and is experience working with and directing on camera talent.
• Understanding of trends within the scope of the industry
• Transports, sets up, and operates various production equipment including cameras, audio and video recorders, lighting equipment, props, and microphones for field and studio productions.
• Completes trouble and preventive maintenance reports on video and audio production equipment; assists in upkeep of studio and production sets and properties.
• Contributes to project pre and post-production: scheduling, editing, light motion graphics, audio/music mix and final delivery
• Managing media and organizing edit project along standard guidelines
• Basic knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, specifically Adobe Premiere and After Effects.
• Maintains equipment inventory and field and studio production schedules.
• Ability to carry and/or push equipment of up to 50 lbs.
• Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned such inventory, attending preproduction meetings, peer review edits and studio maintenance.
Additional Responsibilities (as needed)
• Light motion graphics and/or animations
• Audio mixing for podcast
• Assigned to running the board, graphics, audio and/or teleprompter during live streaming events
• Collects b-roll footage.
Minimum Job Requirements
Completed degree(s) from an accredited college/university/film school.
Minimum 5 years of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.