Location: Reston, VA
I. Core Program Management functions (25% of time):
o Work with cross functional teams including application owners, application developers and analysts and the like to determine to understand scope of work and lay out a roadmap to delivery based on business needs and functionalities desired for new or revised application.
o Manage relatively large or complex project(s), including Board and Program milestones and track the timelines from the underlying projects delivering to those milestones
o Track course of project from meetings, conferring with product owners and technology leads, and receiving updates. Maintain the project schedule as needed and work with PMs from different workstreams delivering the work to build the schedule activities as for planned future releases
o Work with leadership to identify any risks/issues that may impact the delivery for the program. Document those risks to ensure they are communicated to the leadership for awareness and escalation. Convene meetings and plan agenda to ensure important issues are aired and resolved
o Managing the backlog in JIRA and MS Teams and facilitate stands up to track progress through completion
o Work with program leads to prep for Big Room Planning sessions to ensure we have the right level of information to present on the roadmap to delivery for the upcoming quarters
Additional Data Analysis items (75%):
o Analyze business and all other data processing problems for disclosure and business management reporting processes. Supporting the functional requirements gathering team. The candidate works directly with internal customers to understand the business environment and needs. Identifies relevant design, process and specification issue.
o Proven ability to understand business processes related to the acquisition and servicing of mortgages; responsible for analysis of data pertaining to such processes.
o Proficient in analyzing large amounts of data from a wide variety of data sources and succinctly summarizing such data to produce meaningful analytics to drive business decisions.
o Must have intermediate to advance familiarity with MS-Excel and SQL
o Previous experience using Alteryx, Tableau and BI tools is plus
o Knowledge and understanding of mortgage industry, secondary mortgage activities and products preferred
• Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required. MBA or other related advanced degree preferred.
• PMP or PMI certification
• 5-7 years experience
• Project estimating, project scheduling & tracking, customer interaction and management, implementation planning in large organizations
• Proven people management and team building skills
• Demonstrated ability to be flexible/ adaptable in exercising judgment in a changing environment and to manage competing priorities
• Proven ability to learn business processes quickly and to work well with business partners at different levels within the organization
• Strong ability to assess risk and apply management principles to technology applications/products and business functions
• Experience delivering technology and business application solutions in a large-scale, multi-platform systems environment
• Experience with software development lifecycle.