Cloud Information Security Architect Specialist (Temp to Hire)
Location: McLean, VA
As client explores new and emerging technologies, maintaining a robust security posture requires both a strong knowledge of current information security best practices, and a willingness and curiosity to help identify and adopt new ways to safeguard our systems and data. The Information Security Architecture team sits at this crossroads: maintaining the security posture of our existing systems, while finding new ways to accelerate digital transformation and reduce risk. In this internal consulting role, you will be expected to use both technical expertise and influence to find creative ways to help drive our business forward. Staying in your comfort zone isn’t an option when change and innovation are happening all around you, and our Cloud Information Security Architects thrive amidst these technological changes.
Your Work Falls into Two Primary Categories:
1. Cloud Adoption
• Serve as a security leader providing domain and industry expertise during proof-of-concept testing of new cloud technologies and services
• Develop architectural patterns for new cloud technologies that are adopted by client.
• Advocate and accelerate adoption of new security models and patterns by participating in initiative planning efforts
2. Information Security Consulting
• Consult with project teams to design security models for new solutions, based on approved architectural patterns
• Provide support during applications changes and updates, to help maintain a robust security posture
• Build and maintain relationships across lines of business and serve as trusted advisor for information security interests.
• 8-10 years of overall Information Technology experience.
• 3-5 years of Information Security Architecture experience.
• Previous experience with migration of existing workloads to AWS.
• Previous experience architecting cloud-native workloads in AWS, using Agile and DevOps methodologies.
• Broad technical experience across infrastructure and application domains, including cloud computing, networking, data platforms, endpoint systems, and identity management.
• CISSP certification and AWS Certified Solution Architect Associate certifications are required, AWS Security specialty is preferred.
• College degree or equivalent experience; advanced studies/degree preferred.
Keys to Success in this Role
• Strong communication and consulting skills
• Ability to operate in changing circumstances while keeping focus on strategic goals
• Bias toward action, and ability to find creative ways to achieve individual and team goals
Top 3 Personal Competencies to Possess
• Customer Focus (Internal and External) - Personally engage with customers to learn their needs
• Drive for Execution - Focus on real results rather than the appearance of results (i.e., be good, not just look good)
• Seek and Embrace Change - Continuously improve work processes rather than accepting the status quo
CISSP Certification - High - 7 - 10 Years