Business Analyst III - Urbana Maryland
Location: Urbana, MD
We are hiring a Business / Data Analyst to join our team. The analyst is expected to work alongside business users/ business analysts/ developers and report directly to the business analysis manager. Your main tasks will include performing detailed requirements analysis (business/ data) and documenting the requirements.
Business / Data Analyst Responsibilities:
- Evaluating business processes, anticipating requirements and writing requirements for the developers
- Leading ongoing reviews of business requirements with users and developers.
- Develops complex and clear technical solution requirements and specifications for assigned area(s) of responsibility. Articulates technology solutions and requirements to diverse internal/external stakeholders, integrating process, business rules, and data to meet business needs.
- Data-driven, results-oriented with the ability to quickly analyze data and make decisions that drive performance.
- Understanding of Data Lineage, source to target mapping, documenting the data elements accurately is strongly needed.
- Conducting meetings and presentations to share ideas and findings.
- Documenting and communicating the results of data and business requirements
- Effectively communicating your insights and plans to cross-functional team members and management.
- Providing leadership, training, coaching, and guidance to junior staff.
- Managing competing resources and priorities.
- Should be able to complete task with minimum supervision
Business / Data Analyst Requirements:
- 5+ years of Business/Data Analysis experience
- A bachelor’s degree Is required.
- Must have Advanced SQL, excel skills
- Strong knowledge of Data Warehouse / Mart concepts.
- Must have experience using Toad and comparing data from various data sources
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, and Outlook.
- Must have experience using JIRA, Confluence
- Strong working knowledge of agile methodology
- Exhibit strong written and verbal communication skills
- Extremely organized with strong time-management skills
- Demonstrated ability to work with multiple stakeholders on a high visibility project
Multifamily experience is preferred.