Developer IV (Java, JEE, Spring,AWS) - Plano, TX
Location: Plano, TX
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Work with product owners and other development team members to determine new features and user stories needed in new/revised applications capabilities or large/complex development projects.
- Create or Update documentation in support of development efforts. Documents may include detailed specifications, implementation guides, architecture diagrams or design documents.
- Participate in code reviews with peers and managers to ensure that each increment adheres to original vision as described in the user story and all standard resource libraries and architecture patterns as appropriate.
- Respond to trouble/support calls for applications in production to make quick repair to keep application in production.
- Serve as a technical lead for an Agile team and actively participate in all Agile ceremonies. Participate in all team ceremonies including planning, grooming, product demonstration and team retrospectives.
- Mentor less experienced technical staff; may use high end development tools to assist or facilitate development process.
- Leverage Fannie Mae DevOps tool stack to build, inspect, deploy, test and promote new or updated features.
- Advanced proficiency in unit testing as well as coding in 1-2 languages (e.g. Java, Python etc).
- Advanced proficiency in Object Oriented Design (OOD) and analysis. Advanced proficiency in application of analysis/design engineering functions.
- Advanced proficiency in applications of non-functional software qualities such as resiliency, maintainability, etc.
- Advanced proficiency in advanced behavior-driven testing techniques.
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
8+ years of related experience
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- 8+ years of experience of enterprise development using Java, JEE and Spring boot Framework.
- 2+ years of hands-on experience with AWS Cloud (IAM, EC2, ELB, Elastic Beanstalk, RDS, S3, LAMBDA, API Gateway, CloudFront, SNS, SQS, DynamoDB, Cloudwatch, ElastiCache, Kinesis, Kafka).
- 5+ years of Architecture, Design & Development of portal-based applications
- At least 4 years of experience with one or more application servers such as (Jboss, Weblogic, TCServer, etc)
- At least 4 years of experience with application integrations (SOAP/REST Web Services, Microservices, File/Data transfers, etc)
- Extensive knowledge of OAuth and Rest API to integrate middleware with Authentication and Authorization services
- Knowledge and experience with CI/CD with knowledge of Git Hub, Maven and Jenkins.
- Expertise and ability to lead complex architecture and design white-boarding sessions.
- Experience in object modeling, designing data models and database schemas, and solving scalability issues.
- Excellent problem solving and verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to actively participate and contribute to design, planning and execution
- Advanced Knowledge of UNIX (Linux) environment and scripting (bash, shell and python)
- Experience with Agile Development Methodology
- Passionate about learning new things along with good work ethics
- Demonstrate ability to work well in a cross-functional team environment.