Project Manager III ( Scrum Master II)
Location: Reston, VA
Scrum Master II
5-8 years overall IT experience preferred.
4-6 of those as Scrum Master preferred.
• Work within the core delivery team empowered/tasked with design, development, modification, and implementation of computer applications, and building high performing delivery teams.
• Serve as Scrum Master for a software development team.
• Utilize project coordination expertise and tools such as Jira and MS-Project to support upstream and downstream teams throughout SDLC.
• Engage stakeholders, contributors and technical resources to analyze user needs and resource limitations.
• Facilitate the discussions of complex, high value IT delivery projects that require the coordination of development work or technology work on multiple platforms to achieve desired functionality.
• Serve as knowledge source within project teams as assigned.
• Communicate committed stories for the upcoming sprint to backlog owners and stakeholders
• Represent the team daily at the Scrum of Scrums (S2) meeting to report impediments for escalation.
• Facilitate scrum ceremonies for the team (S1, Planning, Retrospective, Grooming & Review/Demo).
• Facilitate impediment resolution in a timely, cost effective manner.
• Track and produce key metrics (e.g., burn-down, burn-up charts).
• Should have Agile experience/knowledge of key agile techniques including SAFe, Kanban, Lean, XP, and Scrum. Strong negotiation and influencing skills. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Should have experience leading Agile Scrum teams/servicing as a Scrum Master, experience within a SAFe release train.