Marketing Communications Specialist IV
Location: Washington, DC
The client is seeking a business-to-business Marketing/Communications Specialist IIV to lead development of strategic marketing and informational messaging to support business objectives. A Marketing/Communications Specialist is responsible for the effective development and delivery of messaging and resources to internal and external stakeholders.
• Develop and implement business-to-business (B2B) marketing strategies to help achieve specific business objectives.
• Lead or participate in development of value propositions.
• Write creative briefs.
• Manage the delivery of messaging and resources to lender customers and other stakeholders using a variety of channels (emails, fact sheets, web page content, blogs and articles, social media, talking points, FAQs, and more).
• Develop and edit marketing content across different channels for different audiences.
• Edit, proofread, and format business content in Word documents; work with marketing colleagues and subject-matter experts to develop or refine content.
• Manage creative projects with in-house or out-of-house marketing/design service providers.
• Manage/support intake and tracking of work and deliverables.
• May supervise junior resources, including workload balancing and coaching.
• Identify and implement metrics to measure the effectiveness of marketing and communications tactics.
• Verbal and written communication skills, attention to detail, negotiation skills, customer service, and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to absorb and communicate complex policy or technology topics in plain language.
• Ability to work independently and manage one’s time.
• Knowledge of standard editorial style guidelines, such as AP and Chicago style, preferred.
• Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services.
• Proficient with MS Office suite (Word, PowerPoint).
• Comfortable learning and using new technologies (such as internal systems used for marketing tracking).
• Ability to build trust and credibility as a strategic communications partner, providing business leads with sound advice and effective communications planning.
• Knowledge of the mortgage business and/or broader financial industry is preferred but not required.
• Bachelor's degree in marketing or communications preferred.
• 8–10 years related experience required, including B2B marketing.