Data Modeler III
Location: Reston, VA
The client is seeking a Data Modeler III to develop database models and supporting documentation in order to meet business requirements.
Implements and enforces data definitions, standards and procedures relating to logical design.
Leads data design efforts and assists software engineers in data source discovery, data modeling, metadata capture and normalization techniques.
Incrementally develop conceptual, logical and physical data models for new database objects
Define data requirements and business rules, perform logical and physical data modeling, implement and test database design.
Coordinate data models, dictionaries and other documentation across multiple applications.
Lead database design sessions and capture data requirements for software engineering or re-engineering projects
Experience in data modeling and administration experience advocating for data management principles and working in a team environment
Knowledge of system development life cycles and methodologies
Ability to handle multiple tasks and priorities
Ability to collaborate with team members to meet project deadlines and milestones
Experience in developing logical/physical models for operational systems, data warehouses and data marts.
Experience in database administration and impact analysis of data structure changes.
Expertise in ERWIN, OLTP, SQL, RUP, Oracle and MS Office Tools.
Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required. MBA or other related advanced degree preferred.
10+ years experience required.
Specialized Knowledge & Skills
• Expertise in Relational and dimensional data modeling
• Experience in large scale ODS or data warehouse environment
• Experience with one of the major data modeling tools (ER Studio or Erwin)
• Knowledge of relational databases and relational database design
• Experience in big data technologies such as HIVE
• Knowledge of AWS in big data technology stack. S3, Athena, Amazon RDS, Redshift etc. (not required but a definite plus