Business Analyst IV
Location: Herndon, VA
The Business Analyst will be part of a functional team that supports Multi family business/technology teams to build New products and services. The Business Analyst will directly work with the Product owners in identifying requirements,Write user stories, and perform testing to make sure the requirements are met. Examine, assess and document all functional/technical requirements, able to comprehend any design issues and communicate the same with the technology team. Ability to work on validating the functionality built against the business needs and making any changes as needed.. Assist management by providing status report for the current state of development and testing. Provide assistance in development projects and assist in developing specifications in system enhancement.
Key Job functions:
• Assess the requirements, design with the business owners on a regular basis to understand their latest needs and keep the development backlog updated.
• Participate in meetings and projects with client staff, project managers, and developers to automate, upgrade, or expand applications that accomplish business operations of assigned work unit(s).
• Create, design, and format specification documentation including Requirements, Design-process flows, and other information or processes needed to describe required system changes for development, QA, and other internal customers.
• Able to lead a Scrum meetings, Status calls in an Agile based project.
• May provide support to applications in production by tracking production problems and troubleshooting them to sustain application in production.
• Able to comprehend queries, analysis, or reports from applications for reporting to the senior management of assigned business unit(s).
• Provide guidance or supervision to less experienced staff performing similar functions
• Perform System testing/User acceptance testing and document the results
• Review the test results with all stakeholders for completeness.
Assist with completing the documentation required for Production Releases
• Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required. MBA or other related advanced degree preferred.
• 8-10 years experience required.
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
• Prior experience with Multifamily business data and systems is highly preferred.
• Experience supporting product owners/working with Agile scrum teams.
• Strong Problem solving and data analysis/SQL skills.
• Strong background working on building the products from inception.
• Ability to work independently and manage the expectation of the team members while performing under pressure within tight timelines
• Verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, attention to detail and interpersonal skills.
• Strong ability to work independently and manage one’s time.
- Familiarity with AWS/Cloud is a plus