Developer IV (SDET)
Location: Reston, VA
Key Job Functions:
- Lead/collaborate with engineering and technical teams to design and specify automated interfaces between applications and shared services. Implement shift left techniques on test design and automation.
- Leverage leadership and coding expertise to lead discussions with internal and external stakeholders, design solutions to automate integrations of products and services to B2BG.
- Hands on exposure to Restful / SOAP APIs implementation; B2B / API Gateways; XML / JSON data formats; BI tools such as Business Objects, Tableau; Wrapper Scripts for automation; Java / Python / Java script; Relational database knowledge with an ability to write SQL queries and understand data relationships and modeling
- Leverage Fannie Mae DevOps tool stack to build, inspect, deploy, test and promote new or updated features. May serve as technical lead, architect, project lead or principal developer as per the need of the engagement.
- Expert proficiency in Object Oriented Design and analysis; application of analysis/design engineering functions; application of non-functional software qualities such as resiliency, maintainability; advanced behavior-driven testing techniques.
- Gather insights and feedback from Integration Partners for continuous improvement of integration framework and to enhance Fannie Mae products to serve our customers better. Gain understanding of partners’ products integration patterns in terms of architecture and technology usage to assist Fannie Mae evaluate impact when service upgrades or enhancements must be made to integration services or products. Provide customers with technical implementation support for integrations.
- Participate in Go-to-Market activities surrounding product releases. Collaborate with product, strategy and marketing teams with gaining customer insights and product feedback related to pilot programs. Perform planning activities and produce roadmaps to drive milestone tracking and reporting across projects.
- Assist with the planning and coordination of integrated partners: around code deployments; environment changes; setup for integration testing; integration intake process; technical issues; and general customer inquiries. Provide postproduction release support and customer adoption. Assist product teams with impact analysis of software upgrades to lower environment.
- Analyze complex issues using strong analytical and problem-solving skills. Demonstrated ability to handle multiple concurrent projects and priorities in a fast-paced, evolving environment
- Integrations with services that provide role creation for customer authorization, external vendor system password management, and application environment provisioning and mounting of internal servers with B2B servers is in scope for this project.
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
Experience with wireframe development and technical requirements
Strong knowledge of data transfer protocols such as sftp, http, and AS2
Experience with implementing integration solutions with RESTful Web Services and Web APIs
Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, verbal and written communication skills while engaging with external customers such as Lenders, Vendors, Servicers, Investors etc.
Knowledge of business process management (BPM) tools is beneficial
Experience integrating services such as credential and access management, user authorization, password management, and environment provisioning is beneficial
OPTIONAL KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
Programming experience with SQL, Oracle, XML, and Unix scripting
Experience designing and building microservices using Spring and Spring Cloud; developing automated tests using or executing on AWS and Docker containers.
Experience with version control tools like GIT, SVN and Jenkins CI/CD
Experience working in Agile environment(s), working with methodologies such as Scrum and Kanban, and agile management tools like JIRA, XRay