Developer IV (AWS, Python, Spark)
Location: Reston, VA
• 5+ years hands on experience in Analysis, Design, Development, Testing, and Implementation of Solutions using AWS Services, Python, Spark
• Strong knowledge of working with AWS Services Technologies EMR, REDSHIFT, S3, LAMBDA, RDS, API Gateway, CloudFront, SNS, SQS, DynamoDB, CloudWatch
• Extensive experience in Application migrations to Cloud with Cloud Native Patterns and provide support for Applications running in Cloud
• Knowledge and demonstrated experience in big data platform – hive
• 5+ years hands on experience in UNIX, shell scripting, RDBMS (Oracle), SQL, PL/SQL
• Knowledge & demonstrated experience in Agile methodologies and practice
• Experience in building with Automation tools such as (Jenkins, Nexus, Maven and JUnit) as well as CI/CD -- GitHub, Maven, Jenkin
• Strong Communication skills – Must have experience in collaborating well with cross functional units and senior management
• Strong Analytical and logical reasoning skills
• Work with product owners and other team members to determine new features and user stories needed in new/revised applications or large/complex development projects.
• Create or Update documentation in support of development efforts. Documents may include detailed specifications, implementation guides, architecture diagrams, operational run books, or design documents.
• Participate in code reviews with peers and managers to ensure that each increment adheres to original vision as described in the user story and all standard resource libraries and architecture patterns as appropriate.
• Provide application support to troubleshoot and fix production issues.
• Serve as a technical lead for an Agile team and actively participate in all Agile ceremonies. Participate in all team ceremonies including planning, grooming, product demonstration and team retrospectives.
• Mentor less experienced technical staff