IT Engineer IV (DevOps Engineer)
Location: Washington, DC
Looking for a talented, enthusiastic and proactive DevOps Engineer who will assist in optimizing the development process to enable faster development flow by systematically reducing development cycle time and increasing built-in quality.
In collaboration with our Development, Testing, Architecture and Infrastructure groups, the successful candidate will deliver automated software delivery practices focusing on full automation between the development and production environments.
The person is responsible for the delivery of automated software delivery practices focusing on full automation between the development and production environments. Collaborates with Development, Testing, Architecture, and Infrastructure groups to ensure consistency across the enterprise.
• Take complete ownership of build and deployment (CICD) systems and processes, enabling engineering teams to focus on building features quickly using automated processes
• Work with Agile Teams to implement CI/CD pipelines in on-prem and AWS environment
• Develop and maintain Jenkins shared library code to provide CI/CD functionality
• Work with infrastructure teams to implement fully automated environments
• Implement standard automation patterns based on industry best practice
• Provide day to day DevOps support to the dev teams
• Maintain and Monitor CI/CD pipelines
• Leads, guides and participates in the analysis, design, implementation and execution of the scenarios, procedures and QE suites. Ensures content and structure of all QE documents / artifacts are documented and maintained.
• Liaises with Development and Testers for iterations, testing and deployment activities. Assist in the preparation of System, Integration and User Acceptance Tests.
• Ensures proper configuration management of the QE artifacts produced and traceability of the tests to the requirements.
• Recognizes when test automation is appropriate and, if it is, they plan the effort. As test execution approaches, ensure the test environment is ready before test execution and managed during test execution.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field
• 4+ years of experience in Software Engineering, DevOps, or related field
• Linux, Shell scripting
• Jenkins, Git/GitHub, Maven, Nexus
• Java, Python, AngularJS, Oracle
• Experience of automated testing, Cucumber, Selenium
• Tomcat, Autosys
• Knowledge of SDLC, Agile (Scrum, Kanban)
• AWS Cloud Formation, AWS EC2, VPC, S3, Lambda, and other native services, Cloud Foundry, Docker, Kubernetes