IT Project Manager III
Location: Reston, VA
The client is seeking an IT Project Manager III to oversee the application of project management methodology during all phases of the project cycle, with responsibilities that include project design, scope management, cost control, quality and performance reporting. IT Project Mangers are responsible for managing the technical direction of a project through the design, implementation and testing in accordance with project objectives.
• Develop, track and manage project budget, project plans, timelines and scope.
• Manage project resources including procuring project staff, developing, motivating, coaching and advising.
• Partner closely with other members of functional project teams to define business requirements.
• Lead teams of developers in the delivery of high-quality software solutions that meet business needs.
• Define test plans and ensure that products are defect free before User Acceptance Testing.
• Facilitate the User Acceptance Testing process, developing rollout plans and procedures.
• Prepare and present cost-benefit analyses.
• Ensure appropriate systems development and project management processes are being utilized.
• Make presentations to steering committees or project sponsors.
• Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required. MBA or other related advanced degree preferred.
• PMP or PMI certification.
• 5-7 years experience.
• Proven project management experience.
• People management and team building skills
• Demonstrated ability to be flexible/ adaptable in exercising judgment in a changing environment and to manage competing priorities
• Proven ability to learn business processes quickly and to work well with business partners at different levels within the organization
• Strong ability to assess risk and apply management principles to technology applications/products and business functions
• Experience delivering technology and business application solutions in a large-scale, multi-platform systems environment.
Agile and Azure/AWS experience preferred