Business Analyst IV
Location: Herndon, VA
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
• Translate business or operational processes of a business unit into business requirements for existing or new IT/IS applications
• Participate in planning or project meetings in which the application development process is in early stages of defining business requirements. Ensure that the requirements of the client(s) are thoroughly and completely represented.
• Conduct or oversee the development of detailed business definition and requirement development and their documentation for multiple applications.
• Ensure that the process of business requirement definition is high quality, is documented, and is consistent with expectations
• Coordinate with management and staff engaged in application development, coding, testing, user acceptance testing and production to ensure that business requirements are consistently represented and satisfied.
• Role requires strong data analysis and problem-solving skills
• Ability to identify data patterns and data gaps or quality issues during data conversion effort
• Connect the data to the business processes
• Strong data analysis and profiling skills and familiarity with SQL, XML, Flat file generation
• Document requirements, business rules, data structures and test scenarios
• Work with upstream business and technology data partners to identify appropriate data source system and fields for data conversion
• Strong understanding of relational data models and hands on experience working with various databases like Oracle, SQL Server, MS Access etc.
• Responsible for troubleshoot, testing and analysis of the functionalities in the system to ensure it meets the business needs
• Ability to multi-task with minimal supervision
• Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent required
• 8+ years of related experience
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
• 5 or more years of relevant work experience and BS/CS or equivalent required.
• Multifamily, Commercial Real estate, Financial systems, Financial applications, Financial industry experience is a plus.
• Experienced managing large system business requirements and coordinated development projects using formal methodologies (Software Development Life Cycle processes, change and configuration management discipline, and project management processes). This includes a demonstrated track record of successful project implementation, including managing a diverse, highly skilled professional and building and managing diverse, highly skilled technical staff.
• Strong knowledge and demonstrated experience in change management as well as quality assurance and testing.
• Strong problem determination and solving skills plus the ability to conceive solution and implement diverse needs in a structured environment.