Sr. Database Administrator - Bethesda / Pasadena
Location: Bethesda, MD
we are seeking a Sr. Database Administrator to support our world-class advanced Cloud computing infrastructure. This role is responsible for managing Oracle, AWS RDS and Microsoft SQL Server infrastructure in Amazon Cloud, troubleshoot challenging problems that we encounter. Automate maintenance tasks that are repetitive using advanced programming languages.
Key Job Functions
- Build new Oracle, Microsoft SQL SERVER and AWS RDS databases
- Perform Oracle, MS SQL Server and AWS RDS databases maintenance
- Develop scripts using UNIX SHELL and python programming languages to automate common maintenance tasks in databases.
- Configure and monitor Backup & Recovery of Oracle and MS SQL server databases.
- Evaluate and install oracle and Microsoft SQL server patches on regular interval
- Develop scripts using advanced programming languages, ServiceNow APIs on database servers to alert and create incidents in ServiceNow
- Perform tuning of databases for optimal performance.
- Develop and maintain database systems procedures and documentation
- Perform Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server and RDS database design and make recommendations
- Configure/review security settings in databases at regular intervals and optimize those settings as required by audit and information security.
- Execute change requests on systems and databases on demand.
- Participate in disaster recovery exercises in the area of database systems.
- A bachelor’s degree in math, science or engineering
- 7 years of experience as an Oracle Database administrator
- Certified Oracle database Administrator
- Possesses knowledge in Microsoft SQL Server and AWS RDS databases
- Experienced in working on database systems on Windows and UNIX Server operating systems.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Certified in any one of the AWS certifications available
- Certified in Microsoft SQL Server
- Experience in working in production support team giving 24/7 support
- Excellent team player willing to share knowledge and helping the team be successful overall.
- Dedicated individual with strong customer service attitude.