Sr. Production Support (CW to support big data platform )
Location: McLean, VA
Seeking a Senior Infrastructure Support person to manage big data platform and support source code management systems as a member of the Business Intelligence Systems team.
• Interact with business teams and other stakeholders to understand and recommend operational process and solutions to meet diverse, complex business requirements
• Have experience manipulating and analyzing large datasets including using statistical software.
• Contribute and participate in automation of operational process and code reviews
• Develop and leverage SQL for validating data as well as SQL statements
• Run adhoc jobs in production as and when required to fix issues related to processes, data etc.
• Work in a small group and will need to support various ad hoc and on-going requests. This includes production operations support, development of procedures etc.
• Support end-user operational loads, data issues and resolve in a timely manner
• Works under limited direction
• Independently determines and develops approach to solutions
• Analyze large datasets (Structured and Unstructured data – XMLs, JSONs, PDFs) using big data platform.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Information Technology or related field and/or equivalent experience
• 3+ years of excellent SAS programming experience
• 3+ years of experience with UNIX operating system mainly with LINUX
• 3+ years of Shell scripting experience
• 3+ years of current and hands-on experience with SQL and Relational databases
• 3+ years of experience working with JSON, XML and CSV
• Executing and monitoring jobs in UNIX environment
• Experience with Hive queries in Big Data Platform
• Running SQL queries from command line
• Autosys experience
• Must be comfortable with analyzing large datasets
• Understanding of mortgage finance, credit risk or financial data domain
• Excellent oral and written communication skills