Data Analyst 1
Location: Bethesda, MD
- Utilize internally developed TDM tools to search, catalog and vend test data and test data sets.
- Manage the full life cycle of test data sets in support of testing of the CSP by maintaining detailed run books and test data metadata.
- Write SQL to analyze and profile data.
- Develop a detailed understanding of the required order of execution of CSP test data by creating and maintaining highly detailed run books.
- Perform visual inspection of the TDM-generated and GSE-generated test data in XML to ensure correctness.
- Provide requirements for enhancements and new features for TDM utilities.
- Work closely with TDM team members, testers and business architects to define and document test data needs.
- Participate in and lead projects/meetings with internal/external stakeholders to define, develop and document test data management best practices and procedures.
- Work closely with testers and testing efforts to assist with triaging issues and defects.
- Minimum 5 years’ work experience, with at least 4 years related experience as a Data Analyst.
- Applicants must be authorized to work in the US without requiring employer sponsorship currently or in the future. CSS does not offer H-1B sponsorship for this position.
Specialized Knowledge & Skills
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in writing Oracle SQL to extract and analyze data from RDBMS’s.
- Experience with techniques to prepare test datasets such as sub setting, sampling, etc
- Previous experience with Informatica TDM suite a plus
- Strong documentation skills.
- Knowledge of XML is necessary. XSLT experience is a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to learn and apply new technologies quickly.
- Good communications skills both verbal and written.
- Good project and time management skills.
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to analyze test data and CSP data.
- Must be able to work independently and with cross functional teams to deliver.
- Mortgage Industry experience is preferred.
- Must be highly self-driven, self-organized and have strong attention to detail