Security Engineer Senior (Temp to Hire)
Location: McLean, VA
Candidate will be part of the Information Security Operations and Engineering within the Information Security Division. The position will Support and provide tool administration support on one or more technologies in authentication, authorization and Single Sign-On.
The role will perform all procedures necessary to protect the necessary resources in client.
• Support and provide tool administration support on one or more technologies in authentication, authorization and Single Sign-On domain such as PingFederate, Ping Access, Tivoli Access Manager, RSA Authentication Manager etc.
• Ensure that infrastructure is up and running in stable state and perform hot fixes/enhancements
• Work with application teams, developers and other SMEs to ensure Information Security tools & services under administrator’s purview are installed, configured in a standard manner, and compliant
• Work together with other teams during on-boarding of applications requiring authentication, authorization and access control services
• Provide Level 3/Level 4 support per request from various constituencies
• Troubleshoot issues in co-ordination with other support teams in a timely and efficient manner
• Work to ensure successful upgrades of infrastructure components
• Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups
• Apply patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities. Configure / add new services as necessary
• Maintain operational, configuration, or other procedures, including documentation
• Follow release & change management processes and ensure that all artifacts are created & provided for each change
• Augment production support team to ensure 24/7 coverage and operations. Responsibilities sometimes require working evenings and weekends with little advanced notice.
• Coordinate with Information Security team to ensure solution assurance and compliance to security policy, procedures, standards and baseline security configurations.
• Understand and advocate IT Security standards, reference architectures.
• Communicate effectively with clients to identify needs and evaluate alternative technical solutions and strategies.
• 5-7 years of professional IT experience, with at least 3 years of information security experience
• Hands on experience in one or more security technologies such as PingAccess, PingFederate, RSA Authentication Manager Administration and Tivoli Access Manager
• Ability to understand and write the security rules/policies for the tools, troubleshoot and resolve the issues on a timely manner
• Ability to document concise technical design specifications
• Understanding of Information Security principles and basics of information security policy
• Good grasp on UNIX scripting or any other scripting technologies.
• Ability to prioritize work without management direction, and provide clear and documented status updates to the management and the team.
• Experience in supporting Security tools and appliances
• Must have an ability and initiative to learn and adapt to new capabilities based on the needs
• Advanced problem solving skills and ability to work effectively under aggressive timelines
• Proven written and verbal communication skills with both Business/Management and Technical/Engineering resources
• Exposure to varied operating systems – UNIX, Linux, Windows
• General understanding of key IT components – LDAP, Networking, firewall, load balancing, Federated Identity.
• Experience in the financial services industry.
• Must be able to effectively perform both independently and collaboratively as a strong team contributor
• Can work to help model and mentor team member.
Single Sign-on, Ping, TAM/TFIM to PING migration