Senior UI/UX Product Designer
Location: Herndon, VA
Seeking a passionate creative pioneer with a deeply held belief in advocating for customers and the ability to evangelize the role of design in a rapidly evolving company culture. The Senior Product Design role requires the ability to utilize a broad toolbox of design techniques to unearth customer needs and translate them into visually engaging and interactive formats of all kinds, from classic UX deliverables to interactive prototypes, to facilitate a test and learn approach to solving product challenges.
The Senior Product Designer is responsible for improving the digital experience of customers through a combination of applied Design Thinking, UX design, visual and interaction design techniques. The designer facilitates insight generation through empathy interviews and usability studies, leads ideation workshops and creates design artifacts that will result in enhanced customer experiences. This role is also responsible for ensuring that the voice of the customer is captured and honored throughout the product lifecycle, collaborating and building consensus with other teams so that the design vision is faithfully executed. The Product Designer is a key member of the expanding Customer Experience Design team; which is responsible for evangelizing contemporary design practices to create customer-centric solutions.
Key Job Functions
• Utilizing Design Thinking processes and techniques in collaboration with business and technology leaders and practitioners
• Ensuring that customer insights are applied to proposed features and functionality for a portfolio of digital products, building consensus around design strategy and thinking.
• Creating design artifacts of all kinds, from personas and customer journeys to concept sketches, low fidelity layouts, high fidelity design comps and interactive prototypes
• Lead ongoing prototype refinement through continual iteration based on customer feedback and technical feasibility
• Exhibiting a high level of comfort with designing throughout the discovery and delivery phases of the product lifecycle, from initial empathy interviews to sprinting with agile development teams
Qualifications / Specialized Knowledge & Skills
• 8+ years of experience
Portfolio must be included in submittal
• Ability to facilitate cross-functional design sessions
• Great listener, but able to stand firm on convictions and influence peers when needed
• Ability to translate observed opportunities into engaging user experiences through rapid iterations of design and testing
• Ability to develop and communicate the user’s mental models
• Experience in creating insight-driven design strategies
• Experience creating classic UX deliverables and prototypes at all levels of fidelity
• Fluency in using contemporary design tools, such as Adobe CC, Sketch, Axure, Invision, etc.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to formulate learning agendas for product designs
• Experience in working with Agile / Scrum technology teams
• Experience with Design Thinking methodology
• Financial Services / Mortgage Industry Experience preferred, but not required
Experience working with API and data exchange and integration solutions highly desirable, but not required
Experience working in a start-up and/or fast-paced team preferred
Good understanding / command of front-end development solutions such as HTML, CSSS, etc. preferred
• BS or MS in Human Computer Interaction, Human Factors, Information Science
• BS in Computer Science with emphasis on UX development
• BA in Graphic Design with emphasis on UX design