IT Major Incident Manager, Senior - Dallas, TX (Temp to Perm)
Location: Dallas, TX
IT Incident Manager/ Major Incident Manager, Senior - 4 TEMP TO PERM positions
The Major Incident Management team provides a single point of contact for end user business and support team customers requiring assistance in restoring critical IT related services that have been impacted by incidents. The team is responsible for all aspects of the major incident management lifecycle, including priority assessment, assembly of the resolution team, coordination of diagnosis, repair and recovery, communication to stakeholders and executive leadership.
Your Work Falls into Three Primary Categories:
Major incident Resolution
During a major incident the Major Incident Manager is expected to:
• Assess the appropriate priority for major incidents.
• Assemble resolution teams to investigate, diagnose and repair incidents.
• Provide a single point of command and control to drive rapid service restoration.
• Deliver timely, clear status communications to stakeholders.
Major Incident Managers provide shift coverage, supplemented by an on-call rotation to ensure 24x7 support for major incidents.
Incident data collection and metrics
The Major Incident Manager will collect and record incident details, which feed root cause analysis, management reporting, and continual service improvement.
Continual Service Improvement
The Major Incident Manager will lead efforts to identify and execute major incident management process improvements.
• 5-7 years of experience in major incident management
• 5-7 years of experience of supporting technologies, including:
o Web/Middleware (WebLogic, webMethods, Apache, etc.)
o Information Security
o Cloud platforms (AWS, VMWare, GCP, Azure, etc.)
• Experience with Microsoft Office tools (MS Teams, SharePoint, Excel, Word)
• Bachelor’s degree in IT technology or equivalent experience; advanced studies/degree preferred
• ITIL Foundation Certification. Intermediate or higher certifications preferred.
Keys to Success in this Role
• Strong IT systems analytic and troubleshooting skills
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
• Experience in crafting clear and concise incident status updates suitable for an executive IT and business leadership audience.
• Experience in negotiation and conflict resolution
• Experience working in a fast-paced team environment
• Experience building and maintaining relationships with technology and business partners
• The ability to lead under pressure
• The ability to operate with minimal supervision
• Leadership: Incident managers coordinate diverse, ad hoc teams to solve difficult problems.
• Partnership: Collaboration is key to resolving major incidents.
• Drive for Execution: The incident manager needs to be able to overcome challenging obstacles to deliver rapid results.