IT Engineer IV (LDAP)
Location: Reston, VA
Must have the following Skills and Abilities:
• Hands-on experience in building and maintaining LDAP environments.
• Scripting knowledge in Perl, PHP, KSH.
• Monitor operations of a network or an environment of servers on which a cluster of specific applications operate
• Track and research business solutions running in this environment in terms of efficient performance or obstacles to smooth production.
• Troubleshoot more difficult or complex production slowdowns or bottlenecks and determine if OS environment or network is causing problem.
• Document measures taken to patch or upgrade OS and testing done to ensure continued smooth production.
• Maintain or perform system upgrades, including installing up to date patches and service packs. Serve on or help lead larger projects involving team resources as a key technical resource.
• May control or manage system access; train and support users and fellow team members.
• Support system users, responding with limits of the 24/7 systems service level agreement. This includes device, configuration, and monitoring requests from users.
• Provide work guidance or technical assistance to less senior engineers.
Nice to have Skills and Abilities:
The candidate should have experience in migration of services from LDAP to Active Directory.