Project Manager III (Scrum Master )
Location: Reston, VA
- Need a dedicated Scrum Master to implement and maintain agile practices for the TSP and TRM projects – mature relationship with key stakeholders, maintain project backlogs, prioritize and manage the backlog, run bi-weekly planning meetings, lead team huddles, etc.
- Assist current Program Manager with tracking and reporting for 9 EAST-led projects
- Anticipate work balance of 80% scrum master and 20% PM support
Supports one or more delivery teams within the fast-paced application development environment. Helps build high performing teams, build shippable product, and responsible for leading Agile project coordination to support various upstream and downstream teams. Serves as the servant leader for the team to ensure clear communication and organization of the team, along with maintaining the production backlog and release plan and facilitating the core scrum ceremonies.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Work within the core delivery team empowered/tasked with design, development, modification, and implementation of computer applications, and building high performing delivery teams. Serve as Scrum Master for 1-2 scrum teams
- Utilize project coordination expertise and tools such as Rally and MS-Project to support upstream and downstream teams throughout SDLC.
- Engage stakeholders, contributors and technical resources to analyze user needs and resource limitations.
- Facilitate the discussions of complex, high value IT delivery projects that require the coordination of development work or technology work on multiple platforms to achieve desired functionality.
- Serve as knowledge source within project teams as assigned.
- Communicate committed stories for the upcoming sprint to backlog owners and stakeholders
- Represent the team daily at the Scrum of Scrums (S2) meeting to report impediments for escalation.
- Facilitate scrum ceremonies for the team (S1, Planning, Retrospective, Grooming & Review/Demo).
- Facilitate impediment resolution in a timely, cost effective manner. Act as a conduit to other teams and LOBs with which the team is interacting.
- Track and produce key metrics (e.g., burndown, burnup)
Specialized Knowledge & Skills
- Experience with technical architecture projects is a plus
- Knowledge & understanding of the mortgage backed security industry
- Strong and persuasive written & verbal skills
- Experience with establishing project deadlines, tracking benchmarks, and ensuring deliverables are produced on time and within budget
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Good skills and knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency
- Self-starter who proactively identifies issues
- Excellent collaboration skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and managing multiple deliverables at one time
Prioritized list of skills:
- Facilitate meetings (daily scrum, sprint planning, sprint demo and retrospective)
- Agile Estimating and planning
- Conflict resolutions and removing blockers
- Enforcing the use of proper Scrum process , methodologies and best practices
- Coaching Agile Best practices to the team