Data Analyst Specialist
Location: McLean, VA
We are seeking Specialist level Data Analyst to support our Reporting Initiatives. This individual should be able to look at our current manual reporting processes and provide automated solution.
• Perform complex financial data analysis to research issues, document data derivation, and data movement requirement
• Develop key project artifacts business/data requirements, risk and control assessments, SOX
• Recommend reporting solution
• Collecting and interpreting existing data and reports
• Identifying patterns and trends in data sets.
• Working alongside teams within the business or the management team to establish business needs
• Defining new data collection and analysis processes
• Build reports with latest reporting tools
• Reporting the results back to the relevant members of the business.
• Accounting, Finance and Information systems background
• 8-10 years of experience in designing and building complex reports
• Expertise in querying, analyzing, and testing complex relational and non-relational data
• Experience with planning and executing data conversion, data mapping, and data reconciliation activities
• Strong data and financial analytical skills; Ability to quickly understand complex financial concepts
• Proficient in MS Access and/or SQL preferred (Proficient in advanced Excel required)
• Demonstrated business analysis experience with the project lifecycle using Waterfall or Agile methodologies
• Strong verbal and written communication skills; highly organized and detail-oriented
• Ability to work in a dynamic, rapidly changing business environment and manage multiple tasks
• Proven ability to learn new business concepts and skills quickly
• Strong attention to details with proven analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Able to understand business needs and determine potential solutions
• Solve complex problems independently when developing solutions