Project Manager III
Location: Reston, VA
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
• Confidence in presenting to senior executive and large groups of people on various topics.
• Works with communication, training, Human Resources and other stakeholder/specialists in the formulation of communications and messaging content.
• Coordinates message review and approval with Human Resources, Corporate Communications and other organizations, as required.
• Build productive relationships with stakeholders and customers, keeping them apprised of progress, sensitive issues and barriers, and supporting them in implementing the cultural change required for continuous process improvement.
• Identifies potential people risks and anticipated points of resistance, and develops specific communications plans to mitigate or address the concerns.
• Excellent management consultation skills
• Ability to work well with others with diverse backgrounds and at various organizational levels.
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
• Flexibility and adaptability to frequently changing client environment.
• Present to steering committees or project sponsors.
• Summarize/synthesize information and material appropriately for audience
• Escalate to the appropriate audience (when required)
• Excellent judgment, communication skills and the ability to work under continual deadline pressure when the situation is ambiguous.
• Demonstrate strong prioritization, time management and organizational skills.
• Expert knowledge of organizational development, change management, leadership, organizational and group dynamics, motivation theory and organization design, strategies and business planning.
• Ability to think critically and creatively to problem solve.
• Anticipates/Identifies emerging organizational needs.
• Provides expert organization advice and feedback to organization leaders.
• Identifies strategies for organizational improvement and helps implement.
• Background in change management, organizational development/design.
5-7 years’ experience required