Architect IV Specialized (The AWS Solution Architect)
Location: Reston, VA
The AWS Solution Architect role applies vast experience of system architectures, application technologies, data architectures, and infrastructures to support key IT initiatives. The candidate must apply their knowledge of IT best practices appropriately to define IT solutions. The individual must possess the ability to analyze solutions and technologies and provide solution architecture based on knowledge of the organization's current and future needs.
The candidate will be responsible for, but not limited to: reviewing business and technical requirements, focusing on solution development throughout the project lifecycle, supporting development, evangelizing best practices and proven patterns, and escalating architecture issues and concerns. The candidate will promote the use of Corporate IT standards, and will create architectures and designs, and will develop target state architectures.
• Bachelors or advanced degree in Computer Science, Math, or other engineering discipline
• 5+ years as an architect, responsible for making key decisions on software architecture.
• AWS Solution Architect Associate or Professional certification with hands on experience
• 5+ years providing solutions based on Enterprise Integration patterns, Event Driven Architecture, web services, SOA and Micro Services
• 2+ years hands on solutioning in public cloud/private cloud/PaaS experience
• 8+ years of hands-on Java or Python design and development
• 5+ years experience with relational databases such as Oracle, SQL Server or Netezza
• 5+ experience with application servers and containers such as JBoss, Tomcat, WebLogic
• 5+ years experience with performance optimizations such as improving scalability, availability, demand, continuity, etc.
• 2+ years experience in architecting application resiliency at component level and for Disaster recovery
• 5+ years of documented architecture experience, preferably using Mega/Hopex suite
• Excellent communication, presentation, and documentation skills
• Professional demeanor and ability to work independently.