System Administrator Specialist ( IT Operations Specialist - Enterprise)
Location: McLean, VA
Position Overview: Are you a highly motivated and energetic self-starter with strong organizational and time management skills? If you have a proven track record to operate in a fast-paced, challenging & changing environment to make an impact, then apply to join Enterprise Operations Team - GOC
• Our team drives efforts to protect corporate assets and minimize the impacts of significant business disruptions by optimizing risk management and manage operational resiliency under SDO – Service Management .
• Enhance our oversight of key strategic initiatives and change activities, including FHFA deliverables
• Perform effective root cause analysis, identifying gaps, weaknesses, impacts, and recommending corrective actions, as appropriate
• Develop reporting capabilities into Operational Resiliency governance forums
• Monitor and track Resiliency related issues, remediation, and metrics, providing status notifications and reports to management and key partners
• Build and maintain working relationships/partnerships with other Business Resiliency and Enterprise Operations teams
Qualifications: • 8+ years of overall experience with 4+ years of related project/program management support experience • Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience • Strong communication, collaboration and interpersonal skills • Prior experience in the financial services industry, including knowledge of mortgage business • Familiarity with reporting and monitoring metrics/KRI etc • Data Center certification+ Experience working in a large data-center environment, and understanding of data center infrastructure, virtualization, and automation techniques+ Experience with a heterogeneous environment and wide variety of hardware vendors, technologies, and operating systems in on-premises and cloud-hosted environments+ Proven ability to define and operationalize continuity and DR plans, including determining staffing needs, standard operating procedures for response and escalation, and monitoring/alerting approaches.+ Hands-on experience with a variety of backup and DR tools, including Veritas NetBackup or Rubrik+ Experience creating and managing technical and process documentation. • Proficiency in using Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint Keys to Success in this Role: Ability to work with and collaborate across the team and where silos exist • Ability to develop mutually beneficial relationships inside and outside of the Enterprise Operations division • Ability to utilize data to help inform strategy and direction
• Demonstrate Dynatrace certification solid experience in Dynatrace performance metrics, analysis, Dashboard Creation, RUM and configuration, Caching, AWR, etc.
• Tuning and Result Analysis (APM tools Dynatrace, AppDynamics. Dashboard Creation, RUM and configuration, Caching, AWR)
• Thorough understanding of Multi/3-Tier Architecture with Web/App/DB layers (Clustering, Replication Services and DR)
• Thorough knowledge of Deployment Architecture from Logical/Physical/Infrastructure stand point (Vertical and Horizontal scaling https://www.spec.org/)
• Very strong skills in CICD Pipeline, Jenkins, Cloud Architecture/Solution and Concepts
• Acquaintance of Server Hardware and Storage (Local Disc, SSD, SAN, NAS)
• Own data and platform monitoring and alerting
• Own site reliability standards, priorities and roadmap
• Support incident management and communication
• Support reliability risks including scaling and capacity planning
• Support Triage and respond to critical customer issues
• Work closely with the engineering team to create standards around vital production operations needs
• Have provided leadership and support DevOps and Agile oriented organizations with focus on fast pace delivery of new services and features.
• Understanding of ITIL principles and experience implementing ITSM standard practices.
• This role requires an IT Operations mentality within a 24x7 environment and regular weekend activities to supervise and handle time-sensitive Changes.
• Strong written and verbal communicators, able to communicate with engineering, management personnel, and end users throughout the organization