Senior Data Engineer
Location: McLean, VA
Senior Data Engineer with strong analytical and communication skills to join the Technology Strategy team. In this position, you will be responsible for taking on new initiatives to design, build, and deploy data engineering solutions in a client solution-oriented environment.
• Work within an agile team that includes members with cross-functional skills
• Design and build distributed, scalable, and reliable data pipelines that ingest and process data at scale using cloud services, event streaming technologies, and various open source frameworks
• Leverage Kinesis/EMR/Spark/AWS/Python to extract, clean, and manipulate large datasets both structured and unstructured to construct data staging layers and fast real-time systems to feed machine learning algorithms
• Support Innovation Lab to research & investigate the impact of new technologies, applications, and data sources on the future of secondary mortgage business
• Develop AWS Cloud Formation Templates to support Infrastructure As Code paradigm
• Demonstrated ability to quickly learn new tools and paradigms to deploy cutting-edge large-scale solutions
• Write high quality, maintainable, understandable, testable, and secure code.
• At least a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent work experience (required)
• 5+ years of experience as a data engineer, with large-scale data ecosystems including data warehouse, data lake, data management, governance and the integration of structured and unstructured data to generate insights leveraging cloud-based platforms
• 3+ years of experience with Cloud Native Architecture, Docker, Microservices, Kubernetes, EKS/GKE, serverless computing, etc.
• 3+ years of experience with AWS with Big Data Technologies
• Knowledge of data modeling and experience with SQL and No-SQL database technologies such as AWS RDS and AWS DynamoDB
• 3+ years of experience in Python (NumPy, SciPy, pandas) and any other open source programming languages for large scale data analysis
• AWS Certified – Solutions Architect/Developer/Big Data
• Master’s Degree in engineering or technical field
• Exposure to machine learning and natural language processing
• 2+ years of experience working with financial data
• 10+ years of overall software experience
• Strong communication skills, with the ability to work both independently and in project teams