Product Analyst Senior
Location: McLean, VA
Do you have passion for understanding customer needs and using cutting edge technology to quickly deliver value? Do you thrive in a fast-paced and constantly evolving environment?
Do you thrive in a fast paced, hands on, innovative environment driven by the latest technology? If so, working as a Senior Product Analyst on the Single-Family Income, Property and Asset (IPA) team could be a good fit!
Our team is responsible for delivering customer value and improving the lender experience for our Collateral and Asset, Income Modeler (AIM) offerings. The team works with partners across Single-Family to prioritize, plan and implement initiatives that deliver world-class Application Programming Interfaces (APIs) to improve process efficiency and support the Single-Family vision.
• Assists the Product Owner to write user-stories and edit acceptance criteria for each sprint, making sure each story aligns to our Objectives and Key Results, and work closely with the delivery team
• Proactively brings ideas to the table to increase value for our clients, recognizing roadblocks early and present ideas to key partners
• Enjoys troubleshooting a product question/technical challenge
• Works as a facilitator in meetings to bring tech and non-tech partners together to innovate and problem solve
• Use applications in various Non-production environments to test and demo product features
• Understands and proactively utilizes Modern Delivery practices. Actively participates in all agile ceremonies (stand-ups, planning, refinement sessions, demo’s, etc.)
• Actively uses and is passionate about available technology to help build product. Applications include JIRA, Excel for data analysis, Word, PowerPoint, Visio
• Understands/quickly learns the basic tenets of Collateral and AIM at Freddie Mac
• Works with technical delivery team members and Single-Family Operations to define technical requirements in acceptable criteria
• 5-7 years of financial services work experience, preferably combined with agile software development
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
• Mortgage related experience preferred, and moderate to strong MS Office and Excel data analytics skills
• Experience working with and using Agile/Scrum methodology with active participation in Agile ceremonies. Certification from Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) or Scrum Alliance preferred but not required
• Strong communication skills, including ability to facilitate meetings and work across Product teams
• Comfortable learning, using and updating change control documentation per Change Management policies, procedures & processes
• Support team in development process by working to define technical requirements based on product knowledge
• Perform as an active contributor throughout Product development by supporting both the Product Owner and IT delivery team
• Ability to partner across the Freddie Mac organization to support Product team goals
Keys to Success in this Role:
• Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment and flexible in managing multiple requests and tasks to completion at the same time
• Ability to have fun as part of a high energy team that thrives on learning and innovation!
• Ability to work in a matrix organization
Today, Freddie Mac makes home possible for one in four home borrowers and is one of the largest sources of financing for multifamily housing. Join our smart, creative and dedicated team and you’ll do important work for the housing finance system and make a difference in the lives of others.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.