Agile Coach Specialist
Location: McLean, VA
The Senior Agile Coach serves as a member of Freddie Mac’s Modern Delivery Agile Center of Excellence (COE) team and collaborates with other coaches (Team and Senior) on defining agile change management practices, building vibrant agile communities, crafting role and team-based learning journeys.
As a member of Freddie Mac’s Modern Delivery Agile COE, the Senior Agile Coach is embedded within the organization to provide agile thought leadership across a wide array of modern delivery initiatives. The Senior Agile Coach will lead and mentor Agile Team Coaches and Scrum Masters on scaling agile development, introducing DevOps practices, providing servant leadership, and modeling behaviors to enable teams to deliver high value results against the most complex business and technology initiatives.
Your Work Falls into Three Primary Categories:
Agile Center of Excellence Support
• You are a vital part of a team of Agile experts, defining and leading the Agile transformation at Freddie Mac.
• Expand organization-wide Agile and Modern Delivery best practices and coaches teams on effective adoption
• Build team and Modern Delivery-wide culture of support, coaching, and feedback
• Look for ways to strengthen teams’ understanding of Agile (e.g., Scrum, Kanban, and agile scaling concepts and principles)
• Is the health monitor of the collective team, checking that our commitments, pace and quality are on track
• Create alignment and transparency for all Modern Delivery Agile Teams through hands-on coaching and mentoring of Freddie Mac’s diverse group of agilists.
• Coach teams and Team Coaches to effectively build and sustain a strong collaborative culture
• Lead primarily via coaching while providing hands-on support in particularly challenging situations
• Coach teams to pre-emptively recognize potential constraints and effectively exploit or remove them
• Teach, mentor, and improve Agile practices across the organization
• Coach and train senior leadership on Agile concepts and principles
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
• Typically has a minimum of 8-10 years of related work experience
• 3-5 years relevant experience as an Agile Coach
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Experience leading a team of coaches or scrum masters
• Experience interacting with senior leadership
• Experience leading large-scale agile transformations
• Knowledge of Agile certifying authorities and associations
• Active Community Member; Speaker, Blogger, Podcaster, etc.
• Certifications are not required to be considered for this position, but preferred certifications are listed below
o Scaled Agile Framework – SPC
o ScrumAlliance – CST
o ICAgile – ICE-AC / ICP-CAT
o Equivalent Expert / Senior Coaching Certifications
Keys to Success in this Role:
• Empowers team members to take ownership of problem-solving; builds other coaches’ ability to do the same
• Leads by influencing and supporting others, rather than commanding, across a diverse network of relationships including Freddie Mac senior leadership
• Inspires individuals to both maximize their own potential and aim to also maximize their teams’ potential