Business Analyst Professional ( Risk and Controls analyst )
Location: McLean, VA
The Multifamily Governance and Business Services Team (GBS) is looking for a Risk and Controls analyst who has experience performing supplier contracting, risk management and due diligence assessments. If you have these skills as well as knowledge of supplier risk management best practices and are interested making an impact in a fast-paced, challenging & changing environment, then apply to the Multifamily Governance and Business Services Team.
**This position can be performed currently from a remote location in the U.S. but may require presence in a Freddie Mac office in the future (McLean VA).**
• Our team provides operational risk guidance that supports Multifamily business activities and minimizes the impact of risks across the division
• The team effectively manages risk in line with the 2LOD, policies and standards with the targeted use of innovative strategies and techniques.
• The Third-Party Risk Team focuses on analyzing/identifying third-party risk within the division and partnering with contract owners within the Multifamily lines of business to reduce, accept, share or avoid third party risks
• Provide support on risk initiatives identified within the GBS program
• Perform third-party contract analysis, develop a process to identify/summarize terms and conditions established in supplier contracts
• Support tracking/execution of third-party roadmap activities, scheduling project plans for identified initiatives and assist in preparing weekly/monthly reporting
• Assist with managing risks and issues by performing risk assessments, findings management and risk disposition activities
• Provide regular status reports
• 1-3 years’ related experience in risk management (direct third-party risk management experience a plus)
• Ability to analyze supplier contracts and policy documentation quickly and effectively
• Experience providing detailed analytics and summary reporting of key metrics
• Capable of analyzing information and building executive dashboards with visualizations that summarize key metrics and insights
• Has a passion for developing procedures and processes
• Possesses an analytical mindset and can develop creative solutions to solve problems and enhance Division risk management capabilities
• Highly organized, self-motivated, demonstrates strong interpersonal skills and communicates effectively
• Proficient with the Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Visio, SharePoint).