Systems Analyst Professional
Location: McLean, VA
The right candidate shall effectively support multiple concurrent projects in a fast-paced environment working closely with IT, business, and vendor stakeholders. Some projects are related to applications and capabilities used by various supported business divisions. The applications used are mostly COTS and SaaS. Other projects involve physical office buildouts and renovations in headquarters and regional locations.
In addition to providing business and systems analysis and related tasks on projects, the candidate shall be one of the primary liaisons with business partners. The candidate shall also participate in assigned maintenance, operational, and other business support tactical activities to deliver value to the department and customers.
Your Work Falls into Three Primary Categories:
Delivery Planning and Implementation:
• Work on and/or lead multiple tasks in support of one or more projects that use traditional waterfall or Agile methodologies
• Engage with business and IT stakeholders to identify, understand, document, and review business and nonfunctional scope, requirements, and processes
• Research and evaluate different technology solutions involving COTS/SaaS or custom build or a combination of both
• Participate in cost-benefit analysis for business solutions based upon approved scope, assumptions, constraints, and evaluations
• Collaborate with project managers, developers, test analysts, engineers, and other stakeholders through the project lifecycle, and assist in project status reporting and communications
• Develop test plans to ensure accurate and reliable product validation
• Provide support, guidance, and clarity to testing and business teams during system and user acceptance testing
• Accountable for ensuring IT related work efforts are completed on time and equipment is purchased, installed and validated to meet project “Go-Live” dates for office buildout projects
• Be an active Subject Matter Expertise (SME) on the business use of solutions, systems, and associated processes
Maintenance, Operations, and Business Support:
• Support impact analysis related to applications’ maintenance and building construction/renovation support, wherever applicable and assigned
• Lead and/or support assigned ad-hoc activities related to business technology and analysis requests
• Support operational activities to streamline and optimize team’s performance and efficiency
• Ensure minimal reliance on manual work and focus more on automation
• Prepare process and training documentation of all processes as needed
Leadership and Communication:
• Collaborate effectively with IT, business, and vendor project stakeholders to ensure successful product implementations and adoptions
• Work proactively, independently or as part of a team
• Positively adapt to a rapidly growing and changing environment, while working under pressure.
• 2+ years of related work experience
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information management systems, or business administration or related experience.
• Ability to work independently with a technical and/or infrastructure team
• Strong problem solving and analytical abilities
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Experience with managing IT and/or facilities-based infrastructure projects including office buildouts/maintenance
• Proficiency with Excel & Sharepoint
• Experience in end-to-end analysis, design, implementation, and support of applications involving COTS & SaaS
• Experience with Agile and/or standard SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle) projects, and/or Operations involving production application maintenance, support, and business operations
• Experience supporting multiple, cross-functional IT projects to ensure timely progress against project budget, schedule and resource plans
• Ability to work independently with a technical and/or infrastructure teams (Network, Facilities, Security & Engineering teams) to develop delivery schedule
• Experience with troubleshooting technical issues
Keys to Success in this Role
• Works under minimal supervision, adept at multi-tasking
• Follows established directions from Manager. Able to provide subject matter guidance to the team.
• Ability to work with and collaborate across teams.
• Excellent communication skills (oral & written) and team player.
• Proactive in nature with customer satisfaction as primary goal.
• Quick learner of new technologies and tools.
• Strong problem-solving skills and critical thinking ability
Top 3 Personal Competencies to possess
• Customer Focus – Personally engage with customers (clients) to learn and deliver on their needs
• Partnership – Being able to align with the team and with what is right for the company
• Drive for Execution – Focus on results rather than the appearance of results