Application Support Analyst III
Location: Bethesda, MD
Provide support to office or business unit users of proprietary or custom application software. Answer technical questions, troubleshoot problems, and guide users to gain productive use of software. May extract data, format and run reports, or perform specific analytical functions using application. May have substantial subject matter knowledge of business unit discipline. Includes both staff in corporate facility supporting use of business-specific applications to corporate staff, or staff providing product support to customers using proprietary software.
Key Job Functions
- Provide technical application support to production application, systems and business team. Investigate incidents, interruptions or bugs in operational systems. Perform triaging and problem solving to identify issue, and implement change or workaround to ensure continued use of the application.
- Develop data extractions or develop reports from requests or requirements stated by clients. Use database, report writer, data mart, or specialized applications to generate reports or analyses.
- Track production issues and report periodically to group charged with monitoring uptime and efficiency of production application.
- Provide support during maintenance and upgrade events.
- Mentor and support junior members of the team.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of 5 years related work experience in an application/production support role.
- Applicants must be authorized to work in the US without requiring employer sponsorship currently or in the future. CSS does not offer H-1B sponsorship for this position.
Specialized Knowledge & Skills:
- Provide two tier support to applications, provide assistance to all end users, identify and resolve issues in production.
- Maintain schedule jobs and perform troubleshoot on processes and resolve all issues.
- Provide training to various new employees and assist with expert knowledge on production processes.
- Document all production applications and resolve all application issues and answer all requests.
- Monitor all performance metrics for various production systems and identify root cause for all technical issues and recommend solutions.
- Participate in periodic meetings and maintain all applications for productions and plan appropriate various strategies.
- Experience of supporting complex, multi-module, custom applications.
- Experienced in troubleshooting and root-cause analysis.
- Understanding of database principals and extensive hands-on experience with SQL.
- Working knowledge of UNIX and networking, experience with Java based applications.
- Knowledge of Operating Systems, Middleware, DB, Webservers.
- Incident, Change, and Problem Management experience.
- ITIL Foundation Certification (Preferred.)
- Experience with ITSM Tools (Service Now, Remedy or other ticketing tools.)
- Command Center experience, or experience of managing major incident events, is desirable.
- Must be willing to provide on call support on a rotation basis for 24x7 support. When on call, requires off hour and weekend support.